Thursday, July 12, 2012

Tomato Chicken Stir Fry


This is one of those awesome simple recipes created by Campbell's soup. It includes just condensed tomato soup, chicken, vegetables, and a bit of soy sauce.

I cut up the chicken into chunks (because it never seems like enough when I cut it into strips) and cooked them up in a little virgin olive oil on the stove. Then I removed the chicken and stir fried the veggies in the same pan. The recipe was vague on what kind of veggies to use, so I got a fresh stir fry ready mix from the store. It included broccoli, onion, peppers, and cabbage.

Once that had fried up a bit I added in the tomato soup, soy sauce, and a little vinegar. The recipe called for basic vinegar but I didn't have any in the house. I did, however, have some balsamic pomegranate vinegar. Since I was only using a teaspoon I just went ahead and used it.

The chicken went back in the pan with everything else and it cooked up for a few minutes to make sure everything was cooked. The sauce is tomato-y but also has a bit of that salty soy flavor. I served the stir fry with white long grain rice.

Not a super complicated meal but really very tasty, and so easy to do. I love all the easy peasy Campbell's recipes and am glad they started making them readily available on the soup can labels and on the web.

No comments: