Sunday, June 3, 2012

Sausage and Cheese Omelet

This, obviously, is not an Asian inspired dish. It's just a plain old omelet with cheese, onions, and spicy sausage. But since I love making and eating omelets, and since I'm always so proud of myself for making them, I'm including it anyways.

One year for Xmas my family chipped in together and got my dad a G5 Next Grilleration George Foreman grill for my dad. This awesome machine came equipped with five interchangeable plates, including a grill plate, two waffle plates, and a baking plate. You can make just about anything on this crazy thing (believe me I've done it) including brilliant omelets. Because it cooks on both sides at once, you don't have to deal with all the flipping over business you have to do with regular omelets on the stove.

I made these babies by mixing up six eggs with some milk and pouring in the baking plate on the grill. It cooked up in this fluffy rectangular shape. Once it was solid, I put shredded medium cheddar cheese, chopped up white onion, and pieces of sausage along one edge. I cut it down the middle with the spatula and folded the top edges over, making little rectangular omelets. I grilled for another minute or so to make sure everything was cooked and then slid the omelets onto plates. Since there was some shredded cheese left over I used that to top them off.

This is not the exact method for making omelets that was given in the cookbook that came with the G5, but it is the one that works the best for me. I've learned it over time and have now been informed (probably less than reliably by TheBoyfriend) that I make the greatest omelets ever.


No comments: